Capturing the imagination and hearts of crowds worldwide, Star Wars is a fantastic feat of science fiction and fantasy. We marvel at the variety of creatures and technology and the mystery behind the force. But how much of the Star Wars world is rooted in reality? Could we see some of the extraordinary inventions materialize in our world?
The Science of Star Wars addresses fifty topics that span the movies universe such as battle technology, alien life, space travel, etc. You’ll find fascinating explorations of physics, plausibility, and more. The book addresses many unanswered, burning questions including:
• How long before we get a Star Wars speeder off the ground?
• What exactly is the Force?
• How could Kylo Ren stop a blaster shot in mid-air?
• How could we live on a gas giant like Bespin?
• Nature versus nurture: How does it play out in the making of Jedi?
• How much would it cost to build the Death Star?
And much more!
Written for every fan of the films, you don’t need to be a Jedi or a scientist to appreciate all of Mark Brake and Jon Chase’s fun and informative analysis of this classic series. Prepare your mind to make the jump to light speed and find out about the facts behind one of our favorite modern epics.
Get the book here